A teacher told a cross-eyed boy one day,
‘Go fetch for me a bottle straight away!’
The boy returned, ‘Which bottle did you mean
Of that exactly matching pair I’ve seen?’
The teacher said, ‘There’s only one you fool!
Have you not learned to add up yet at school?’
The boy protested ‘Sir, don’t laugh at me!’
The teacher said, ‘Try smashing one to see!’
A single bottle looked to him like two
But when one broke, both vanished from his view!
When he smashed one the other broke as well,
Desire can make you cross-eyed in its spell!
And lust and rage don’t just affect your sight,
They agitate your soul, set it alight,
Virtue’s forgotten when your heart feels lust,
Veils block your heart and eyes like layers of dust.
- Arabic Calligraphy and Hollywood
- Good Recipe for Vegitarians/Muslims who can’t Find Halal/Zabiha Meat.
- Guarding the Heart
- Why the West Should Engage with Hamas
- A Consumer’s Guide to Sustainable Seafood.
- Former guard on Guantanamo ‘torture’
- Johann Hari: The true story behind this war is not the one Israel is telling
- 60 Minutes: Screening The TSA
- New Blog Alert
- Great Habib Ali Video
- Al-Madina Institute
- Alhambra Blog
- Daniel Abdal-Hayy Moore Poetry
- Doha Debates
- From Clay
- Higher Criticism
- Imam Zaid Shakir’s Blog
- Islam in China
- Journey of A Traveler
- Lifting the Viels
- MSA at Old Scona Academic
- Mujahideen Ryder
- Notes of a Student
- Seeker on the Path of Knowledge
- Seeker’s Digest
- Sheik Abdullah Adhami
- Sheikh Hamza Yusuf
- Sheikh Mohammad Seyeed Ramadan al-Buti
- Sidra Mushtaq
- Sunni Path
- Sunni Sisters
- Ustadth Suhaib Webb