In the name of Allah, the most gracious and most merciful.
Ramadan is over so the devil is loose again and I just wanted to list a few things that I heard keeps the devil away. People are free to add to the list via the comments.
- Saying “I seek refuge from Allah against the accursed devil” or other general dua’.
- The “basmallah.” Saying Bismallah before entering your house, for example, blocks the devil from following you in. One should also say Bismillah before changing otherwise the devil will be able to see your ‘awra. It also provides barakah in everything you do.
- Good smells. Use inscense, scented candals, ‘attar, etc. Things that should not be done are using cologne that contains alcohol or women wearing perfumes outside the house.
- Maintain wudu all the time keeps the angels around you.
- Reading Quraan.
- Recite Ayatul Kursi before going to sleep.
There are probably a good number I missed so, again, feel free to add them in the comments.
Ramadan Mubarak everyone